Fall 2016 Semester Recap

by - Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Well that’s all folks! What an amazing semester it has been for FSO, which all began with the Soroptimist Fashion Show and ended with the spectacular Kent Clarks, FSO has made quite a lot of memories so far this school year. Today’s post is to commemorate the last meeting of the year as well as share all of the great memories made during this fall semester of FSO.

This was my first semester in FSO, and in my opinion I couldn’t imagine being apart of a better organization. Personally, my favorite moment this semester was participating in my first fashion show. I had a blast being apart of the press team and capturing the show backstage. FSO has not only made a huge impression on me this semester, but on many of its members as well. Delaney Huesgen said her favorite memory from this semester was the internship panel. She went on to say, “I really liked how I was able to hear from so many people about various experiences. They had a good balance of different types of internships and in different sectors of the fashion industry. I left the meeting and felt very excited about my future internship endeavors.” The internship panel was a chance for FSO members to get any questions answered from those students who had previously held internships as well as hear from students on the DOs and DON’Ts of the city, managing school and work, and lastly the reality of interning. 



The Art of Contrast show (read the post here) this year was titled, Works of Art, and showcased all forms of art. Students were challenged to create or style garments based on a work of art. The show was definitely a highlight of the year for many of the FSO members, including Autumn Barney, who actually won the styling portion of the show. Autumn exclaimed, “I’d say my favorite memory was definitely the Art of Contrast fashion show. It was my first real fashion show to both attend and be apart of and just seeing everyone in FSO come together to create such an amazing event was so awesome!” 



FSO participated in not only one fashion show but two, including the Soroptimist show at the beginning of the year (read the post here). President of FSO, Sabrina Pierotti, said the Soroptimist show was one of her favorite memories. She went on to say, ”This was our first fashion show of the semester. The weather was not only beautiful, but I got an opportunity to meet new members and work with them which was special for me; I don't get that opportunity too often.” 


Overall this semester of FSO was an enormous success. FSO finished the year with a special holiday meeting, which was definitely the most fun meeting this semester. 

The speakers for this meeting included Annie Skoch, which is the creator of the brand Anne Cate, members of NRF (National Retail Federation), and finally William, who enticed students into participating in the Fashion Tech Hackathon, which will occur during the last weekend in January.


Although, the speakers were very interesting this meeting, the Kent Clarks really took the spotlight with their incredible acapella covers. I had never seen the Kent Clarks before and they were truly phenomenal. 




The meeting closed with an Ugly Sweater Contest, which I actually won. What a great way to finish the semester in FSO!




Make sure you show us what you're up to this holiday season by using #FSOLove on Instagram and Twitter!


Do you have any great moments in FSO this semester? Leave a comment below. 


By: Katie McCullough


You May Also Like

1 comments