Must-Watch Fashion Documentaries

by - Saturday, March 21, 2015

Our amazing President Jess wrote up a little guide fore her favorite fashion documentaries:
Happy Spring Break fashion friends!

If you're like me, you can't get away from fashion even during spring break! I will be traveling to Dallas, Texas to visit my aunt but you know while I am there, I'll be looking for the latest trends and examining how fashion is different in the south compared to here at Kent. To satisfy your fashion fix during spring break, I put together my five top fashion films!!
1. Scatter my Ashes at Bergdorf's… The documentary opens your eyes to the world of luxury retail. See how amazing Bergdorf Goodman's truly is and why Linda Fargo should be your style idol (available on Netflix).

2. The September Issue… After just returning from Teen Vogue Fashion U in NYC, the world of fashion publications is simply fascinating. This one featuring the one and only Anna Wintour will inspire your next career with Conde Nast or Hearst (super cheap to rent). 
3. Valentino: The Last Empire… Meeting and seeing how a haute couture designer works is truly incredible. Valentino is a personal favorite of mine so seeing him (and his puppies!) trekking through Europe is too adorable to not watch (available on Netflix).

4. In Vogue: The Editor’s Eye… It's the most serious of the bunch but there is a corresponding book that were both produced with Vogue.
5. Devil Wears Prada… I mean, yes, this is so typical but who doesn't love this movie?! And if you’re sick of watching it, the book is extremely well-written and is a great read over your next week of vacation.

What are your favorites? Let's chat about them in the comments below!

You May Also Like

0 comments