FSO Goodwill Winning Stylist // Maddie Meinhardt

by - Monday, March 09, 2015

After our recent Goodwill Personal Styling Fashion Show, we had a chance to talk with Maddie Meinhardt, the winning stylist, about her outfit. Keep reading to learn her tips on thrifting, a possible career in styling and her designer inspiration!

Stylist: Maddie Meinhardt
Major: Fashion Merchandising
Year: Senior
FSO: Did you know from the beginning that you wanted to find something that was inspired by Dolce & Gabbana?
MMYes, Dolce & Gabbana is one of my favorite luxury designer brands. When I heard about the "Designer Driven" theme, D&G was one of the designers that immediately popped into my mind as a perfect inspiration. I love how elaborate and intricate the details of their designs are.

FSO: What thrift store(s) did you visit to style this amazing look?
MM: I went to The Village Discount Outlet. It is a thrift store in Cuyahoga Falls. It is a huge store with such a large selection. I've participated in this show for four years, and every year I have been able to find some great looks at The Village. 
FSO: What was your favorite part of putting the look together?
MMI was really excited when I found the floral jacket! The shape, colors and intricate floral pattern perfectly inhibit a Dolce & Gabbana feel. It really screamed Dolce & Gabbana to me. When I found this piece I knew I was going to be able to put together an awesome D&G look. I also like mixing prints, so I am glad I was able to incorporate that into this look.

FSO: Do you see yourself wanting to pursue a career in styling? 
MMI think styling is so much fun, and it is a career path that really excites me. I have certainly had a great time styling outfits for this show the past four years. I will definitely be looking for future opportunities to style.
FSO: Having won the Goodwill Personal Styling Show last year as well, what are some tips you can share with us on how to find designer inspired looks for less?
MMYou definitely have to go in with a vision and idea in mind. Look for pictures or images that you want to mimic or that inspire you and bring them with you. This year I was inspired by the Dolce & Gabbana spring 2015 runway show, so I saved some of my favorite looks from the collection to my phone for me to refer to while I was shopping. You also have to have an open mind. You won't find the exact same pieces, but you must be innovative to recreate the same effect they have with similar pieces you do find. 

Thanks Maddie! We absolutely loved your look and can't wait to see where your career takes you after graduation.

PS—Below is a sneak peak at the rest of the pictures coming to the blog, Facebook and Instagram this week!

You May Also Like

0 comments