Fashionista Feature // Olivia Mayer

by - Sunday, September 14, 2014

This week we're talking to another FSO favorite. Olivia is a senior who's been more than involved with FSO and that fashion school. From her dream job at Kleinfeld's (where she interned!!) to her favorite classes, we think you're going to enjoy getting to know her. Meet Olivia.

Name: Olivia Mayer
Major/Minors: Fashion Merchandising
Year: Senior (Graduation May 2015)

Tell us a little about yourself!
OM: My name is Olivia Mayer and I'm a senior fashion merchandising major graduating in August of 2015. I also have a minor in fashion media. I spent this past summer interning in New York City at Kleinfeld Bridal. I had the experience of a lifetime and made connections with so many people in the industry. 

What has been your favorite class in the fashion school so far?
OM: My favorite class during my time at the fashion school was professional seminar because it really got me ready to apply for internships. It also made me so much more confident in myself as a fashion student.

How long have you been involved with FSO?
OM: I have been a part of FSO as a member since my freshman year at Kent State, although I didn't start getting involved with it until last year. I participated in the Goodwill fashion show earlier this year as a stylist and modeled my own look. I also was a model in the FS squared fashion show at the end of the year. I had a lot of fun modeling both of the times and I look forward to the shows that FSO will have this semester before I head off to Florence in the spring!
Do you have a favorite FSO memory?
OM: My favorite FSO memory was this past year’s goodwill fashion show. It was fun getting to put together an outfit for the show and also walk to the runway in it

What are you looking forward to this year?
OM: I’d say the FSO Art of Contrast fashion show and also studying abroad in Florence in the spring!

Do you have any dream jobs in mind for post graduation?
OM: My dream job post graduation would be to work at Kleinfeld Bridal in NYC.

You May Also Like

0 comments