Fashionista Feature // Dana Rausch

by - Sunday, January 11, 2015

 We're super excited to be introducing today's Fashionista Feature: Dana. From her new internship at CollegeFashionista to her love of magazines, she sure has a way with words. That, along with her love of the fashion industry, are just some of the things we adore about her.

Name: Dana Rausch
Major/Minor: Fashion Merchandising/Fashion Media
Year: Sophomore, but it’s my first year on this campus and in the fashion program!

Tell us a little about yourself!
DR: My name is Dana Rausch. I’m a Fashion Merchandise major with a Fashion Media minor. I’m a sophomore and will be graduating in 2017. I love writing and am actually interning with CollegeFashionista this semester and writing for them as a Style Guru. Other than fashion, I love shopping, unhealthy foods, exercising (necessary because of the unhealthy food) and music. Singing is another one of my passions, and I’ve recently learned how to play guitar as well.

What has been your favorite class in the fashion school so far? 
DR: I really love Dr. Leslie, so I always looked forward to Fundamentals. But I think my favorite class was Intro to Tech. I’d never really worked much with Adobe before, but I loved it so much. I really enjoyed the projects, even though they stressed me out sometimes. Making croquis and drawing flats in Illustrator got me extremely exited for the rest of time here in the Fashion School.
{Dana on the right }
Do you have a favorite FSO memory? 
DR: I loved when Tessa Reeves from Neighbors Apparel came to talk to us. She really opened my eyes to a whole new world of fashion. I had no idea that there were refugees living in Akron, and I think it’s so amazing that Tessa can help refugee women through fashion. I definitely learned a lot from Tessa.

What are you looking forward to this year? 
DR: I think the fashion shows this next semester are what I’m most looking forward to. I’m really excited to be a part of the Annual Fashion Show and to see everyone’s amazing designs. The Goodwill Show is something else I’m excited about! I can’t wait to style outfits and see them walk down the runway.

Do you have any jobs in mind for post graduation? 
DR: Oh I would love to write for an editorial magazine. I think Elle would be my first choice and Vogue would be my second. Magazines are what made me fall in love with fashion, so I would love to write for one and hopefully inspire some people someday!

You May Also Like

0 comments