FSO Takes on the City of Love

by - Friday, September 29, 2017

Ciao fellow FSO members!

It’s Ashley here, coming to you live from Florence, Italy! I still can’t even believe my fellow classmates and I have been here for over a month. I’ve been taking in new sights, tastes and cultures and the study abroad experience has surpassed even my highest expectations so far. While on the study tour with Kent State, we get to visit some pretty incredible places, one of those being Paris! This past week, all of the fashion students embarked on our adventure to France and I’m here to tell you about some of the best highlights. (Even though it’s nearly impossible to narrow down!)



5. The Eiffel Tower

The most iconic monument of Paris is, of course, the Eiffel Tower. Having only seen this beautiful sight in pictures before, standing in front of it is a completely different experience. It can actually be seen from great distances, which hints at just how impressive the structure really is! One of the best parts of the Eiffel Tower is that visiting it during the day and night gives you the opportunity to (literally) see it in many different lights. My personal favorite moment was when a few of my friends and I got the chance to climb to the top and overlook the Parisian city lights at night. If you’re lucky enough to catch it when it lights up and sparkles then that’s even an extra added bonus!


4. The Louvre

As fashion lovers, we can all appreciate art history and many famous artists of earlier times. Some of these include Caravaggio, da Vinci, and Rembrandt, all of which are featured at The Louvre. Even from the exterior, the famous Louvre Pyramid, which was designed by I. M. Pei, is a stunning sight to see. Within the museum, I was fascinated by the art, and of course seeing the infamous Mona Lisa was a moment to not be forgotten.


3. The Arc de Triomphe

Seeing this monument was on my list of things to see while in Paris and I’m so glad I was able to! The Arc was completed in 1836 and is a monument to honor those who served in the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic wars. In order to see the Arc up close, you actually have to go through an underground tunnel since traffic is so dense around it! I definitely recommend this monument especially if you are looking to take some stunning photos.


2. Première Vision

Now that I’ve covered the main tourist attractions, let’s get on to the main event: FASHION. Première Vision is the most important trade show in the world of fashion, and being able to attend the event was an amazing experience. Here at the show, vendors from all around the world come together to showcase their designs, accessories, fabrics etc. Here you can even get a sense of what trends to look out for in the next coming seasons, along with emerging textiles and colorways! One of my favorite aspects was being able to engage with industry professionals and hear about their companies. This event was certainly not one to miss out on.


1. Dior Exhibition

Okay, I may have saved the best for last, but how can you top Dior? The Dior Exhibition at The Louvre was hands down the most incredible exhibit I have ever seen. (Even though we all love the fashion museum in Rockwell.) This exhibit was filled with elegant Dior gowns, from the early history up until the most current collection. One room, in particular, was overflowing with breathtaking dresses that stars such as Rihanna and Jennifer Lawrence have worn. I’m sure anyone interested in fashion would be in heaven at this one of a kind museum.
And there you have it! That concludes the top highlights from our trip to Paris, but check back soon for details on other destinations!

xoxo Ashley Alpino

You May Also Like

0 comments